Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Top Ten

  1. I'm like 1/8 Irish. Ok, I don't actually know the percentage, but I am at least a little Irish.
  2. St. Patrick's Day cupcakes (which is the reason I'm posting a day early...I don't want anyone to miss out on these scrumptious yummies)
  3. My crazies look great in green...and the whole family leaves the house rockin' our matching green shirts.
  4. Leprechauns...Parker has a FANTASTIC imagination. Last week he built a leprechaun trap out of legos and has been on a hunt for a pot of gold ever since.
  5. One year, I dared Spencer to greet someone with "Top O' the mornin' to ya" on his way to work. And he did.
  6. Green milkshakes
  7. Going out for corned beef and cabbage sandwhiches...ok, reubens. Are those even Irish? I doubt it. We go out for them every St. Patrick's Day anyway. We've been doing this since before we were married.
  8. Memories of elementary school when you would try to be so discrete about wearing green...underwear, socks, some pinpoint sized random shade of green somewhere on your clothes.
  9. Shamrocks
  10. Irish movies. My favorite...Waking Ned Devine.

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my, those cupcakes sound so good! I went out yesterday and bought corned beef (with the seasoning packet) and cabbage. I'm going to give it a try this year for the first time! Too bad I can't have green beer. hahaha

Autumn said...

You're so good at celebrating holidays!! Wearing green is about it for my on St. Patty's day. My favorite part about this holiday is PINCHING everyone that isn't wearing green! I can't believe that's not on your top 10. I STILL love doing this!! Those cupcakes look so good. Growing up my mom always put green food coloring in our milk-and we had a green breakfast too. I should do that-thanks for the reminder! I can see your kids in green-they'd be so cute!

Heidi said...

thanks for the reminder... I will be wearing green tomorrow. Sounds like you have some great things to look forward to tomorrow. I should make some kind of tradition for this holiday.

Curtis Whipple said...

I run a professional network here in Phoenix for the wedding and event industry and I had a half dozen calls and emails today looking for a references on bagpipers. I think that anybody of any consequence is booked for tomorrow... I love, LOVE bagpipe music. I guess it's tied to my DNA somehow.

Kelly said...

We are making your cupcakes this year- I saved the recipe from last year and can't wait to make them for today! I am taking Celeste, Emma and Abby to the parade downtown today- it's going to be nearly 70!! Can't wait- will post pics for sure!
Have a fun day!!

Sheryl said...

I am making your cupcakes today! YOu are so fun! I totally forgot about Waking Ned Divine.

Amanda B. said...

I made those cupcakes last year for Aaron's b-day and was thinking about running to the store after I pick up the boys to make them tonight just for a fun St Pday treat. :)

jeanine said...

We're making the cupcakes right now... I can't wait to taste them!

Unknown said...

It does not surprise me at all that you are doing fun stuff for St. Patty's day! I hope you guys are having the best time with Grandma this week, and that you made it through the long drive. Now, if you could only teleport back home and forget the second part of that drive, which always seems to take hours longer!! We will see you when you get back:)

Unknown said...

I made the cup cakes today and they are great, we all loved them. Thanks for sharing. also it was so fun to visit with your family last night. You really do have the most adorable boys.

Eric said...

How fun! You do know how to celebrate a holiday. Loved your top ten.

Erin said...

We didn't do the food this year but we did enjoy wearing green. So funny you guys eat reubens!!

Judds said...

Waking Ned Devine... That is a classic!! I hope that you are having a fabulous time in AZ. Sorry, we heard you were coming and had to leave town again. Seriously though I am sorry I wish we could have seen you guys. I will call you when I get home.

I was going to leave a comment on your post "suggestion box". We are always traveling long distances with our girls. Probably within the past 6 months I started giving them 1/4 of a chewable Dramamine about 5 or 6 hours into the trip. That usually gives us another 5 or 6 hours.