Monday, March 17, 2008

Top O' The Mornin' To You


We do every holiday big at our house. Including St. Patrick's Day. A couple years ago on St. Patrick's Day I dared Spence to greet some one on the way to work by saying, "Top O' the mornin' to you." And he did not disappoint. He followed through because we're willing to do anything for the sake of improving a holiday. Not one of us is without our Irish green today. Breakfast included green milk and green eggs. The late morning included making Shamrock hats. This afternoon we made my most favorite St. Patrick's Cupcakes. And dinner will include going out for a traditional Irish meal and possibly green milk shakes. (And I wonder why I'm not loosing weight very quickly.) Parker can't sleep on the night before any holiday. You would never know St. Patrick's Day Eve could be so exciting. My mom is visiting...as she is most St. Patrick's Days. She thinks we're a little crazy, but this year she remembered to pack a green striped shirt. I think we're rubbing off on her. I'm including the recipe for my scrumptious cupcakes.


1 3/4 cup flour
1 small instant pistachio pudding mix (3.4 oz)
1 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together and fill muffin cups 1/2 full.

Bake at 375 for 18-20 min.

Top with cream cheese frosting and green sprinkles.

Makes about 2 dozen.



They're magically delicious!

12 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

Is it St. Patricks day? I didn't even know!

Kelly said...

They look scrumptious!! I will so make them!! I have never had pistachio pudding, I must admit, but they look great! I will post some old pics from the past year's holidays- you know me, I love taking pictures of holidays! We still didn't do anything holidayish today- we wanted to go to the parade, but instead I paid a plumber $220 to fix my tub- glorious! Needless to say, we missed the festivities. But for sure, we all wore green! I love green this season anyway, so it was just another reason to wear it today! Tell you mom hello for me!! Take care!
Oh, and the boys look so cute!!

Ashley said...

Katie! I'm glad you found me! I'm still not a pro at this blog thing as you may have noticed but i'm working on it. You're kids are so cute! And good work on those cupcakes!...we made them too and they are my FAVORITE! Hope you are enjoying Texas!

Jeffrey Benson said...

I just finished making my batch... Ward dinner tonight.

Unknown said...

Mmmm! Sound good. I'll totally have to try them. I LOVE St. Patty's Day!! It's actually one of my favorite holidays. My great great grandfather came over from Ireland. I LOVE that you go all out. THat is fantastic and I bet your kids will always remember all the fun holidays you do with them.

jeanine said...

How fun! I usually have a blast with St. Patricks day but this year I have 2 birthday and Easter in the next week so I didn't do as much as I would have liked. We did have green pancakes and green eggs though... but for dinner.

Those cupcakes look great! I"ll have to try them.

And have fun with your mom! Tell her hi for me!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Okay, it's settled... I want to be in your family and have as much fun as you!! You had a much more exciting day than I did. Today my day consisted of cleaning, cleaning, and trying to get Jackson to take a nap.. Poor Madi just played in her room and watched shows most of the day. At least I got some cleaning in, that rarely happens! You're such a fun mom! Good for you! You're boys will never forget these great memories.

Jenn said...

Looks like so much fun Katie! And those cupcakes look so yummy, I wish I had one right now. I will have to try the recipe. Hope you had a great St. Patricks Day!

Shalece said...

You are too cute, how fun for your kids. I think I am gonna try the recipe! Looks yummy

Autumn said...

Yummy, yummy cupcakes. Choc o chips make everything better. I LOVE it how you celebrate everything to the max! Your kids will have so many great memories. I'd love to see/watch Spencer say his St. Pats greeting! I'm so glad your Mom gets to visit!!

Clarks said...

Oh, I am so glad someone else had a crazy fun St. Patrick's Day. Cameron was also so excited for this day - It was his best day because everything was his favorite color. I personally was about sick of it by 9 AM. He couldn't sleep that night I think it was because all of the green food I could come up with had lots of sugar in it. We wish we were working with Spence at the DB to hear his greeting - he is the greatest! We can't talk about him without laughing. You guys are a cute family - keep having fun and making me feel like I am not the only crazy mom. Yea for memories!

Kim said...

That looks so much fun I can't wait to do fun stuff like that with my kids, I bet your boys love it.