Thursday, January 5, 2012

Year End Letter

I almost hate to say goodbye to 2011.  2011 was good to me (despite the fact that I turned 30).  I ended the year much, much happier (and twenty pounds lighter) than I began it. 

Some of the highlights for me:
  • The previously mentioned weight loss.
  • Plus the even greater weight of depression lifted. It feels good to be happy. 
  • Spencer started teaching (as a grad student) at OSU. 
  • We got rid of the last of our baby stuff. 
  • The kids started at a new school this year. It's an improvement from the last school on so many levels.
  • All three boys are in school.
  • I made new friends.
  • I surprised myself with how much I loved girls camp as an adult (I hated it as a youth).
  • I re-claimed my love for motherhood. 
  • Spence and I both had a brother get married.  We happily welcomed two great sister-in-laws and enjoyed the time visiting family.
  • I fell in love with Chicago while Spencer was there speaking at a conference. I hope we can find an excuse to live there one day.  
  • And all of the little things along the way made for a great 2011...so I'll include way too many pictures that I failed to post while I was too busy living the good life to update my blog.
Holiday baking with new friends

 Girls Camp

The Santa Maria

Summer Fun

80's Kareoke Night

Running around downtown

Soccer Season

The Zoo

Playing in the Mud

Lightsaber Duals Before Church

Taking Flat Stanley on a tour of OSU for our cousin

Columbus Museum of Art

Exploring Chicago

Christmas

Birthdays (I think I posted pictures of Reid and Parker's)

Apple and Pumpkin Picking

Winter Concert at School

An unplanned twin day

Playing in the Fountain

New Years Eve
We ended the year the same way we rang it in...in the company of good friends. Here's to 2012 bringing even more happiness and adventures!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your 2011!! I feel blessed to have you as my friend. I am in love with my cute apron and totally wear it all the time! Leah even comments on it every time! Thank you so much!!
Can't wait to see what 2012 brings for you and your sweet boys!

Lauri said...

Wow! That's a lot of good times. I'm glad to FINALLY see some of these pictures.

BTW...is that a bowl of skittles with candles in it? Spencer knows what you like!

Kris said...

Well I sure hope that this year is as good for you as last!!! I have SO missed your blog posts Katie!!!

Jennifer Edling said...

Wow! So many fun times! I love it!Happy New Year! I hope 2012 is even better!

Cynthia said...

Hey - settle down, you guys. That's way too much fun for one year!

jeanine said...

So glad that 2011 was good to you! I love seeing a new post from you!

ps. Super cute aprons!

Traci Elizabeth said...

Love the pics of gray and spencer with matching shirts!! :)

glad you are in a good place. that makes me happy!!

mj said...

Happy New Year! I love the pre-church lightsaber duals. And congrats on losing 20! Nice.

Amanda B. said...

Wow- what a great year! :) Love all the pics- and the way you did the collages!! :)

The Patterson's said...

Sounds like you had a good year. Loved all the pictures. Your family is adorable. Happy 2012 here's to hoping it is even better then 2011 ;)

Heidi said...

WOW! that was quite the year for you! I am so excited for the day that all my kids are in school. You really do know how to have fun :)

jeanine said...

Katie! I miss your updates! You always seem to have something fun going on--and I want to know about it!