Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Mole

Did anyone watch The Mole last night? Not my favorite show...Spencer wanted to watch it. But from a communication stand point, I found it pretty fascinating. It's all about the way people interact for me. It would make a great communication study.

Not my point... there was a girl, Marcie, who was from none other than my hometown of Corona. Shout out to Corona. Does anyone know her? She's a 31 year old stay at home mom. Her husband is a cop. Look familiar? I don't know her, but I was rooting for her any way. Unfortunately, she was the first one sent home last night. Apparently she was not the Mole.

Every time I watch a reality show, I hope to find someone I know. Think of the millions that audition for American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance. I attended a big high school in southern California. I knew a lot of people. I'm sure at some point, some one I know, if only by acquaintance, has auditioned for a reality TV show. I'm dying to see an old friend, or even an old acquaintance, become the next American Idol or something. No luck as of yet. Maybe I'm watching the wrong shows. We only get basic television.

Has anyone had that experience?

4 comments:

jeanine said...

Alright so I wasn't planning on watching it but James woke up and needed some rocking so I flipped on the TV. I had watched The Mole back in the day so I thought "why not?" I saw them introducing all the players and they say "Marcie a stay at home mom" and I thought "that's kinda cool"... and then I see she's from CORONA! I was super excited. Too bad she got kicked off. I really wanted that stupid Nicole girl to get off.

Jenn said...

I didnt watch "The Mole" and I dont know Marcie either. But I am with you.... I think that would be cool if you actually knew someone who made it on a reality TV show. Last year Katie Dellenbach made it to Hollywood week of American Idol It was so exciting seeing her on TV!

Traci Elizabeth said...

I only watched the first few minutes of the mole, I didnt recognize her and neither did my sis Kati...
But, I was watching comedy central this weekend and it was a stand up comic. They showed people in the audience laughing. I totally recognized a girl from Corona. She was in Mads with you. I don't remember her name but she had redish short curly hair. If it wasnt her, it was her clone.
Also, on Court tv they do a show called beach patrol. A friend of Camerons is the head life guard on it so we get to see him do life gaurd stuff. Kind of cool...maybe you do need cable.

Melissa + Brett said...

I know these aren't really reality shows, but I like my few small minutes of fame...
When I was at Ricks 12 of my friends came to my house in Cali for Spring Break and I was called to "come on down" on the Price is Right. Then about a year later my BYU roommate was picked to be on the Makeover Story on TLC with her mom so me and my roommies were on that show. Last, my fam got to be on Rescue 911 when Taylor Hall's story about being run over by a Arrowhead Water Truck was retold. It's fun to see the reruns!