6 random things about me:
- As a kid I had a secret desire to find out I was allergic to all cleaning products and I would never have to clean the bathroom or do the dishes again. Truthfully, I still think that would be nice.
- I love to set the table. It has always been my favorite chore. I love dishes. I have dishes in just about every color: white, red, teal, brown, green, blue, clear (glass). I have Hawaiian dishes, nautical dishes, striped dishes, snowman dishes, china, my great grandma's pink floral dishes, and various other picnic dishes, children's dishes, holiday dishes, and serving dishes. I set the table special for every holiday. Watch out Martha Stewart.
- My dream job is a little out of the ordinary. I'm not sure it's a real job, but I bet someone has to do it. I'd love to be some kind of international events coordinator. Like when ambassadors and important people come to America from other countries...I want to plan them a party. I think I'd like to work in the White House. I do have a little bit of an interest in politics. I love table setting (obviously) and party planning. And I have a communications degree. My favorite classes in college were my intercultural communications classes (in fact, that's what I plan to get a masters in one day). I love to interact with people from other cultures: find similarities and appreciate differences. I think there is a need for that in party planning. Especially in politics. You don't want to offend other cultures because of a poorly planned party.
- I am a published author. Not because I click "Publish Post" at the end of every blog, but some of my undergraduate research on nonverbal communication was published in a communications journal.
John S. Seiter (Utah State Univ), Harold J. Kinzer (Utah State Univ), Katie Smith (Utah State University), Heidi Thueson (Utah State University)
Title: Nonverbal Behavior in Live Academic Debates: The Effects of the Implicit Ad Hominem Fallacy
- I like to pretend I don't revolve my life around television, but I do have a few favorite shows I just hate to miss. A new show called Pushing Daisies. Cute and quirky...so far so good. And 30 Rock. Hilarious. And when it's on...I LOVE So You Think You Can Dance. I also enjoy Lost...we'll see if it comes back with this writers strike and all.
- While on the subject of TV, I have a secret desire to be the next American Idol. I'm not even hooked on the show. I'm not a good singer. I can carry a tune, but I certainly don't have what it takes. But every time it's on, I practice my audition song when I sing along to the radio...trying to decide what the best song would be for me to sing for my audition.