Monday, September 12, 2011

On Aging...

At library story time few weeks ago, someone said to me, "Are those your boys?  You don't look old enough to have kids that age."

At first I took it as a compliment.  But then I thought...does that ever get said to young people?  I'm now old enough to warrant that kind of comment.

Later that same week I walked into a clothing store.  A girl I would have considered in my same age category (actually, I would have guessed she was even a little older) called me "ma'am."  "Ma'am!"  Do  I look like a "ma'am?"  I hope not. 

My self esteem was redeemed when I walked into Madewell...my new favorite place to window shop.  A well dressed man complimented me on my style.  It's always a better compliment when it comes from someone well dressed.

I did in fact, turn THIRTY last week. Yikes.  I'm not sure how much I'm enjoying being 30, but the day itself was great.  My friends and family treated me well. And to top it off  I dropped Gray off at school and had a full three hours to spend my birthday money...all alone...in the middle of the day.  It was heaven.

Thanks all for making turning thirty a little easier.

...party pictures coming soon...

5 comments:

The Patterson's said...

Thirty is young dont kidd yourself. We are young at heart just a little wiser :) Happy Birthday.

Kris said...

Hi Katie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You can't imagine how hearing a young person such as yourself talk about aging, makes an old(er) person, such as myself, feel!! You are a spring chicken, in the prime of your life!!!! Relish it. Love it. Enjoy every minute!!!
Loved your previous post too. Somehow I missed it. The boys are all getting so big. And how cool that Reid has a principal he can identify with!!!
Love it!
: ) Kris

Heidi said...

oh, you my friend, are too cute. I love your style too :) and I look forward to the time I get some shopping time alone.
You do 30 very well!!

jeanine said...

What a nice birthday treat to go shopping... alone. Maybe by the time I'm 40 I will have that luxury :)

Carrie said...

Don't listen to a word everyone's saying. You're ancient. And falling apart as we speak. Isn't there a gray hair or too we should be talking about?