Monday, November 1, 2010

May the Force be with you...

I have to get one more post of Halloween costumes in before we get too far into November. November 1st is not too late, is it?


Still no great pictures, but a few more details.

The Stormtrooper costume was made with white vinyl. I had no idea how easy it would be to work with. I sewed some parts by hand and others by machine. It went through my machine without a problem. The best part? It cost less than $3. I picked up a white hard hat from the thrift store and transformed it into a stormtrooper helmet with a little black duck tape. My only complaint is that it was impossible to sit down in...you'll notice in the pictures.


Darth Vader was also made with vinyl and black duck tape we had at home. Then I searched my random hardware stash for all the buttons and things. I borrowed the helmet from a friend. Too bad she's never getting it back. Kidding...sort of.


Yoda...pretty obvious. Muslin from my stash and a little wool felt for the hat, gloves and shoe covers. The ears used to stick out much better, but it's already got so much use that they've softened up a little too much.


No more pictures of me and Spence. My headband was made with balls of yarn. Our costumes were pretty self explanatory. And I wasn't wearing it a second time. Once was enough for the year.

I'll try to post about something other than costumes next time.

9 comments:

Judds said...

The costumes really turned out awesome!! you are so talented!!!

Traci Elizabeth said...

cutest costumes yet. even if they are star wars :)

I wouldn't mind more posts about their costumes, they are amazing!

Kris said...

Katie, you have mad sewing skills! Your Mama...same way. GREAT job. So creative. To me, that is what Halloween should be all about!!

jeanine said...

Oh I love the costumes... you can post them all you want!

Heidi said...

you are good! thanks for the details!

Kelly said...

Still so amazing!!

Genn said...

You really do have mad sewing skills Katie. You're awesome at it. And that is what Halloween should be about. I got so disguested with the amount of too old to trick or treat kids we had come to our house, and the amount of "sexy whatever" costumes I saw too! What is wrong with kids today. Two girls were playbunnies, one boy was a pimp. Um, not okay! Your fam's costumes were the best I've seen by far!

Melissa + Brett said...

You never cease to amaze me. Those costumes are INcRedIBLe!!! I love how you "took one for the team." You kill me! I am so with you though...HATE Star Wars. Have NEVER been able to stay awake through a single one of the movies...no matter what time of day someone has tried to force me to watch them.

amelia said...

Love it! You are so creative!