Monday, February 15, 2010

All you need is love

So Valentine's weekend was fun.

We started our Saturday with a big Valentine's breakfast with heart shaped pancakes with strawberry syrup and a pink smoothie. (No time on Sunday before church.)

Spence and I celebrated that night with a little carry-out dinner after the kiddos were nestled all snug in their beds. Spencer scored big with me when he decided to nix the roses and buy me a potted plant for the house. A little fresh vegetation is especially nice during our THIRD SNOW STORM this month.

I saw these mini Hershey kisses made from chocolate chips somewhere on the blogosphere this week. I made some for Spencer and took it one step further by adding tiny little messages including lines from songs with the word kiss in them.

We got the kids a new movie for a Valentine's gift. I snuck out the back door and left it on the front porch and rang the doorbell. Then I snuck back in the house before the kids even noticed. They were astounded. Kids are so funny. Really, they could not figure out who did that and how it got there. I was laughing my head off.

But the best part of the weekend was the Primary talent show put on by the kids at church. Parker's confidence amazed me. He's painfully shy...especially in front of a group. I was so proud of him. He was proud of himself, too. He did cartwheels to music. It was really fun.


Reid had us all rolling. He decided the thing he is most talented at is playing air guitar. I would have to agree. He's pretty good. Reid has never really performed anything on stage before. He is quite the performer at home, but he really came alive on stage. He took things to a whole different level. I was so surprised. As he sat there waiting for his turn he was really fidgety and nervous. He shyly walked to the center of the stage. And when his music came on he slid across the floor and hammed it up. I had NO IDEA he had that in him. It was hilarious.

Luckily, Autumn got most of is on video.




I've never been more proud.

18 comments:

jeanine said...

Sounds like a great valentine's weekend! And I LOVED the video! Seriously great!
Rich got me some potted tulips... way better than roses!

Traci Elizabeth said...

AWESOME!!!! That is the best video of all time. Serious talent!!

I love the idea of a primary talent show..I may have to share that with my primary presidency!! The only downfall? we have well over 120 kids in Primary...may be a long show :)

Kelly said...

I saw Reid rockin out and heard all about Parker's dance/cartwheel moves!! Loved it!
Cute Valentines' day treats and food- and flower! Loved that too!

Autumn said...

They were awesome! I so wish I had Parker recorded too. They were both great!

Lauri said...

Thanks Autumn for capturing that on video. I felt like I was there.

I'm so glad they both were brave enough to get on stage and ham it up. Sound like it was a success.

Brooke said...

Anna insisted on watching it 3 times. That is great!

Amanda B. said...

What a fun weekend! And, I as well was so proud of Parker having witnessed his shyness. You never would have known how shy he was. He was loving it up there and did great! :)

Genn said...

That is one of the cutest videos I have ever seen! What a cute ham he is!

Glad you had a fun V-day weekend. Cute idea to ring the bell and leave a gift for the kids. I bet they loved that. I'm going to remember that one.

Unknown said...

Adorable! I love it, can't wait to see you and your kids again.

amelia said...

Oh you should be proud - your boys are awesome.

Eric said...

How fun! That video is the best, I started dancing to it, Reid looked like he was having the time of his life. Your kids are the best!!!

Lisha said...

Ha, Ha! I love it! What awesome kids you have!

Natalie said...

That is the cutest thing ever! He is a cool little dude! Great idea with the little kisses and surprise for the kids.
Hey how do you make blocks?

The Patterson's said...

Wow your kids have got the moves. That was awesome to watch. That was some talent show!!

J, E, S & L said...

LOL! Borderline pee-pants! I totally miss ya'll!

Melissa + Brett said...

I am seriously having a heart attack. THAT WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! Reid Rocks!!!

Nicole said...

That is GREAT!!

Kelly said...

OMG... so cute! I have to say Reid isn't shy! But i wouldn't expect him to be having you as his mother. (Remember the SPONCH?)

And very cute kisses idea!