Yesterday Parker said to me:
"Do you know what this is? This life that we're living?"
(I say) What is this life that we're living Parker?
"It's all about baby Jesus. He was born and that's what life is about."
I asked him to tell me more and these are some of the things he said. I wish I could recall them all. I'm not sure I have them all word for word, but it's close. If I remember more, I'll add it.
- There was no room for Him at the hotel. He had to go to a stable.
- Baby Jesus was naked. They gave him weathering (swaddling) clothes.
- His bed was made of hay.
- Angels told the shepherds to be nice.
- Who wants to follow the star to find baby Jesus?
- Wise men brought him presents. Gold and Murray (I'm sure he doesn't know what myrrh is. The closest thing he could identify to was Murray the Wiggle.)
I took pictures of the boys in their new Christmas church clothes this morning.
After (notice the mud spots on his knees)
Before (finding shoes to fit Reid's different feet is nearly impossible. Converse All Stars seem to work best.)
This was the best I got.
Ignore the mess on the floor. Sunday mornings are always a disaster. A swear they dump out every toy they own onto the living room floor every Sunday morning. And mom and dad are to frantic trying to get everyone ready to pay any attention.