And once more...just to lock in the ugliness:
Now soak it in:
If you click on this pic, you can see Gray's artwork is starting to take form...not bad for a kid who's not yet 3. (His are the vertical clipboards.)
The run down:
- Paint - $0 (It was leftover from the living room. I paid for it once, but leftovers count as free.)
- Striped fabric - $8 (IKEA had a duvet cover on clearance and I turned it into curtains, pillowcases and pennants. It was genius. There is no way I could have got that much fabric for so cheap otherwise.)
- Curtain rod - $2 (IKEA)
- Fitted sheets - $8 (IKEA 2 @ $4)
- Metal book bins - $13.98 (Target 2 @ $6.99)
- Clipboards - $12.96 (Walmart 9 @ $1.44)
- Fabric for shelf slipcover* and pennants - $0 (scrap fabric, same as paint-it counts as free.)
Everything else was already in their room.
GRAND TOTAL: $44.94
* This was not my ideal color scheme, but I had to work with that army green. It was the only fabric I had on hand with enough yardage for the slip cover.
Gray is currently sleeping on his toddler mattress that we slide under the bed. We're planning to buy a real trundle bed. And I think they need a picture or piece of children's art over the dresser. And I'm still contemplating this rug. The good news is I still have money leftover. I'm sure the room will evolve over time. And although I could dream up something better, I am happy with the results. Especially considering the price.