Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer Break: Day 78

It was one of those days.

No. Not that kind.

The good kind.

The kind that makes me feel guilty about all my whining this summer. Why can't I enjoy my boys this much all the time? Just look at them. They're fantastic! Why am I so anxious for school to start next week? I should soak up this time at home while they're still so young and under my wing (I have wings...have I mentioned that?). Have you ever seen a cuter brood of boys? (Does three boys qualify us for a brood...because it sure as heck feels like a brood.)


Columbus has a life size replica of the Santa Maria. (I know, right?) Certainly not because Columbus sailed to this lovely land-locked state...but my home town is obviously named after the man. We've never been on the tour so today was the day.


I forget how much I love my city. Columbus is glorious. I spend way, way, way too much time in the suburbs. Downtown is magic to me. There are so many beautiful old buildings. We put two hours worth of quarters in the parking meter and used up every second walking along the riverfront, enjoying the green, green grass, reading all the plaques at every statue and sculpture, and finding a surprise fountain for cooling off.


Then we got back to the car and the whining picked up right where it left off before they were even buckled in. I'm back to looking forward to school starting next week. But I'm glad we had those two magical hours together for our last full week of summer break. My kids really are the greatest.

9 comments:

Eric said...

How fun! I think the only reason people have more than one child is because those good moments outweigh the bad ones and truly our kids are fantastic! Your boys are darling and so fun and I totally love all the pictures you captured of them on your day out!

jeanine said...

3 boys is definitely a brood!

Glad that you guys had such a fantastic afternoon. Looks awesome!

ps. My boys have the same Star Wars shirt.

J, E, S & L said...

I would have killed (not litterally, I'm not that kind of person) to have been there today vs here at work all day! Love them boyz of yours!

Kris said...

They are indeed a great looking "brood" of boys Katie!!!

Traci Elizabeth said...

i love parkers spiderman pose!!

great pics, they really seem like a fun bunch of boys!!!!

Kelly said...

They are great boys! We had such fun with them last night! These pics are too cute and they look like they had a blast!

Genn said...

I know what you mean about "those days". The good ones make you realize that this is what having kids is all about. I'm glad you had such a great day with your boys. Looks like it was the perfect outing. Love all of the pictures too!

Kelly said...

you got some really nice pictures! glad it was a good one of those days!!

Lauri said...

These are such fun pictures. I love the pics of the boys jumping off the walls. Even Grayden is becoming a daredevil.