Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Break: Day 8; back tracking

I almost forgot...

A couple weekends ago, we decided to spend Friday evening at one of those summer family concerts in the park...not knowing at all what no-name local performer would be entertaining us that evening.

As luck would have it, it was a mediocre Elvis impersonator. What a riot! He had the clothes and hair down, though he was older and overweight. And he was not bad on vocals, but he faked the guitar. He held one, pretending to strum, while pre-recorded music played.

We had a great time nonetheless.

2 comments:

jeanine said...

How fun is that?! And it reminded me of when Parker was Elvis for Halloween. That was a great costume!

Kris said...

I love those summer concert series Katie. Greg and I have been to a lot of them out here. We even saw some big names. I doubt you are familiar with the Benece? And I may have his spelling incorrect, but boy was he fabulous!!! Then we bought his CDs and were so thrilled to have seen him in such an intimate surrounding, even getting to meet him. Enjoy summer!!!