Friday, February 19, 2010

Snow Days

For those non-locals...

We've had a boat load of snow. Actually, way, way, way more than a boat load. Parker has had 3 snow days off school (and Spencer had 1) in the past 2 weeks. I've never seen this much snow on the ground...

...in Ohio.

But winters during my college years were filled with snow. One particular snow fall always comes to mind. Even USU was closed down. I remember getting up to exercise in my living room when I heard crazy cheering from the boys who lived next door. Followed shortly by banging on the window. Funny what a struggle it is to get up for a 7am class, but how easy it is to get everyone up early on a snow day.


My dear college friends...please confirm...that was one of the best days ever. Am I right?!!

Today while the sun shined down, we filled some water bottles with food coloring and had some fun.

Dear sky,

Don't let these pictures fool you. Despite trying to make the most of it, I've had enough. Please don't drop any more of that cold white stuff on this part of the country. I'm begging you.

Love,
Katie

9 comments:

Kris said...

Great pics Katie. But seems to me.....I remember you wanting to know when that white stuff would get there???? Am I right??? I don't blame you though. As much as I love the rain, and as little as we usually get, I was DONE with it this last storm. Especially when it CAME INTO MY HOUSE and caused damage!!!!
The kiddos must love it though. And the collage of college days in the snow was funny!! Oh to be young!

Lauri said...

what a fun idea to have fun with colored water. I remember you telling me about the snow day at USU. fun memories!

everyday katie said...

It's not that I couldn't wait for the snow...I just wanted it to snow on Christmas. And ONLY on Christmas.

Traci Elizabeth said...

I love the colored water idea! And what fun in the snow in Utah, I don't ever remember that much snow there!

The Patterson's said...

If I am right and I was still up at USU. Isn't that when we had that huge snow ball fight with everyone for hours? If its not the sometime it was still a blast. I miss Utah snow. Omaha sucks its too cold to play in.

jeanine said...

So much fun! I know what you mean about not wanting anymore snow though! We had a ton for a while there... William had three snow days off as well. I don't think I can deal with many more!

Eric said...

How fun! I think it should only snow for Christmas too. Though as a child snow is so fun and missing school is seriously the coolest. Such a great idea with the food coloring, where do you come up with ideas like that? You are such a fun mom!!!

Kelly said...

I am so over the snow!! I love the food color idea and will so use it this week, since I know the snow will be sticking around for a while- a total downer for me!

Kelly said...

great pics! but i'm sure all that snow can be a bit dreadful. heres hopin for some dry days for you!