Saturday, May 2, 2009

Everyday Disasters

I don't know why I can't seem to post much lately, and when I write I have nothing to write of but the perils of motherhood. Unfortunately, motherhood is all consuming these days. I'm a little tired of being a grown-up. Too bad it's permanent.

Yesterday I went upstairs alone to put something away; leaving all three crazies together and unattended. I was upstairs less than ten minutes and when I came down, the three of them had downed an entire, unopened box of Go-Gurts. They wanted a snack and Parker took it upon himself, as the older brother, to take care of it. I can't believe how many they ate in that much time. ...and if it only stopped there... Gray got into some cream cheese and the regular yogurts and they all had a hay day stomping on them, splattering my dining room walls, floors, table, chairs and even into the kitchen and living room. Apparently stomping on yogurt makes them burst. And that was being tracked through the house.

While cleaning that mess (mess is an understatement), Gray was in another room learning how to unscrew the lid on a brand new container of "Surf Hair" texture paste. Not only was his hair quite pasted, but so was the floor and the sliding glass door.

And while cleaning that mess, Gray stomped on one more yogurt.

He was rewarded by the longest time-out of his life (to date). Though time-outs for Gray are pretty rough. He can finagle himself out of just about anything.

I just wish those were the only disasters at my house yesterday, but who are we fooling? I live with a house full of crazies.

I'm off to girls night. I could use it.

Everyday Katie: OUT!

21 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

oh my. Thats it...oh my.

Sheryl said...

Life as a mom of boys is the most adventurous you will find! You deserve a night out!

Unknown said...

I have one word for you...GATES!! There is no way I have it in me to survive those kind of disasters..hence the 4 girls to one boy in my house. That is an America's Funniest Videos kind of moment! I hope you had a super fun night out..cant wait to hear what crazy things you girls were up to this time! Hang in there, I am sure there is much more "adventure" to come...esp. with school closed all this week. AAAAHHHH!!!

Eric said...

Your kids messes always make mine seem so minor. Two boys are killing me right now I can't imagine three. That's what's keeping me from having another right now (I seriously can't handle another boy right now). They are much more mischievous than girls. Have fun at your girls night, I'm sure you need it.

Heidi said...

WOW! what else is there to say... WOW!
those boys would be in their rooms for the rest of the day if they were mine...
WOW!

Kelly said...

Oh Wow! WOW! So I have THAT to look forward to when James is old enough to get into mischief with Derek. Oh Boy! I would have been livid! Hope you enjoyed your girls night out!

Genn said...

Oh boy oh boy. Boys! Although I have no doubt that Hannah would have loved to join in on that fun with your crazies. Sorry about such a crazy and messy day! That really is exhausting to deal with.

I hope you had a great girls night.

PS- I just read a book that made me think so much of you. It is called Everyone Is Beautiful by Katherine Center. The main character is a young mom with 3 bys who are 4 yrs, 3 yrs, and 10months. And they sounds just as cute and crazy as your crazies. It's a quick read and it was a great story.

Jenn said...

What a day for you! Glad you got that girls night.

Megan said...

I hope you had a wonderfully relaxing girls night. Days like that, unfortunatly happen more often than we would like. Glad you survived it!

Lauri said...

Where did these boys come from????? It's a good thing you're their mom and not me. I probably would have duct taped them to a chair for 5 years until they grew out of their craziness.

amelia said...

Who knew Gogurts could shoot so far? I hope you were able to relax at girl's night!

Erin said...

Seriously send them over to my house they would get along great with my geeks!! And what is up with no pictures? I didn't get any of our disasters and wish I had! Hope it all cleaned up well enough, and good job keeping them all alive. Hope you had lots of chocolate at your girl's night!!

jeanine said...

WOW. You probably handled the situation much nicer than I would have... there would have been screaming from me and crying from the boys. Wow.

Kim said...

Did the hair surf come out of Gray's hair? I remember when I was a kid my sister Andy put vasoline in her hair and nothing would take it out, it just kind of had to wear out she just look her hair was all slicked up with grease.

Nicole said...

Oh my, saying you had a rough day is an understatement! They sure gave you a run for your money! I hope your girls night was full of fun and laughs! You deserve it.

Amanda B. said...

Yikes!

That is crazy! You definitely earned that mom's night out. At least they are naturally curious and like to explore- makes life crazy now, but it could work to their advantage later. :) I agree with your mom- I can guarantee you handled that with a lot more patience then I would have had.

Jessica said...

That is hilarious. Probably not for you at the time but I hope you at least got a picture of the mess. How long were you upstairs? It is amazing how quickly they can make a mess. Yesterday I found Emmy digging through her grandma's pot and rubbing the dirt all over her coach. At least the mess was at your own house. :) They keep you on your toes.

J, E, S & L said...

Girl! Why didn't you talk about this on Saturday! I can't believe you had such a hectic day and didn't even cry about it! I think we should blame it on the weather...if it wasn't so rainy they could have been outside! Stupid rain! :)

jeanine said...

Okay, I had some crazy dreams last night... but the only detail I can seem to remember from any of them is that YOU were pregnant... with TWINS. Crazy stuff.

Natalie said...

Thanks Katie... I feel better about my day now ;)
I guess you have learned not to leave them for one second. I drag my little trouble maker with me everywhere so she can't make any more messes. She is only two but she has to help clean the toilet, wash dishes, clean mirrors and windows, and do laundry all because she can not be trusted to be alone.

Violet said...

It's good to hear what I have to look forward to. Right now I'm planning on having all of my kids close together. I guess if I end up with 3 boys in a row I may reconsider my decision.