1. The scenery. Just look at the color of these leaves. I haven't seen anything remotely close to these colors in Texas.
(These are all fall of 2003.)
2. Fall fashion. Not just kid fashion, but I don't have a good picture of my fashionable self in fall apparel. Fall clothes are my favorite style. I love the colors and the layers. Plus I look WAY better in long sleeves and pants than short sleeves and shorts. I love to wear tights with my skirts. I prefer loafers to flip flops. And it's not so cold that you have to cover it all up with a bulky coat.
3. I lived closer to some of my favorite people...close enough to spend Thanksgiving with these old college friends. One year, Tammy and Nathan made the drive out from Connecticut. And another year, we drove up to Vermont to visit Carrie and Chris.
4. The Circleville Pumpkin Show. I've never seen so many pumpkins in my life.
(2005...I know I just look fat, but really I'm 6 months pregnant with Reid.)
5. Ohio State Football. Need I say more.
6. Picking apples at Lynd's Fruit Farm. I doubt if apples even grow in Texas. In fact, every time I go to buy some apples I'm surprised at how much they cost. I'm positive they're cheaper in Ohio.
7. The weather. I'm ready for a little chill in the air come September. I hate that I'm still wearing flip flops. And that today it's 77 and I'm in pants because I think it feels cold. This is one of the coldest day we've had all season...tomorrow it's in the 80's again. It was cold enough in Ohio to wear whatever Halloween costumes I came up with. I'm a little concerned this year that my boys will bake in what they'll be wearing.
8. Grayden was born in an Ohio Fall.
(at the hospital)
(Parker 2005...This is the only picture I could find with one of our home grown pumpkins)
10. My friends and neighbors. We had the cutest old people living next door on both sides. They adored our kiddos. It was so nice to have good relationships with our neighbors. And especially my friends. I miss you girls all year...not just in the fall. But you're just one more reason I'm pining for Ohio about now.