Sunday, November 18, 2007

On your mark, get set...

As of now, we have 13 people signed up for the Healthy Competition.

If anyone is still interested or has friends or family that still might be interested...today's the last day to sign up. The more the merrier...and the bigger the prize money. (I suppose if you want to sign up later than today, that's fine. But you won't get any points for the days prior to signing up.)

FAQ:
  • What to do in case of a tie? I've been contemplating this...I've decide that in the even of a tie...we'll look toward unused free points as a tie breaker. I did say the top 3 participants take home a prize. If there are more than three people still tied after calculating in the unused free points, I'll have to think of something...I don't have a plan as of yet.
  • How will the prize money be divided up? My plan was 50% for first place, 30% for second, and 20% for third, but if there is a tie I will redistribute those percentages.
  • Can we chew gum? I have no problem with gum. Fresh breath always takes priority. Just don't swallow it.
For all those signed up...it's looking like it will be a pretty intense competition. Start counting points tomorrow. I'd tell you good luck, but I'd luck to save all the luck for myself.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Wahoo-"good luck" to you all (qualifier-good luck in your own goals, not winning the competition-this is my job). :)

Traci Elizabeth said...

Day 1 down...10 points earned! Stupid as it may sound, I think the hardest part is drinking the 64 oz of water....I am having to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes!!! You might want to remind everyone that Thanksgiving is a free day...I didnt realize it until I just went through the rules again!!! Thanks for doing this Katie...and good luck!!

Lauri said...

I have to agree with Traci...the water thing was the hardest for me yesterday. I had 3 glasses of water before I got to school and 15 minutes into the first class, I knew I was in trouble. As a teacher, you can't go whenever you want to and I had to wait for 45 minutes. I got to the point where I had to plan when I would drink my water through the day.

Lauri said...

Yikes, my students are sabotaging the competition...who put them up to this? Today is my last day in this class and I had students bring in a package of Oreos, a large bag of M&M's, and cupcakes. So far I haven't succumbed but it is only noon...